By Anne Marie Allen Reflexologist, Reiki Practitioner & Massage Therapist
From the previous blog we know the base chakra is about the basic survival such as security, health, safety, food, warmth but how can you tell if you’re out of balance…?
Here are seven ways to tell if your base chakra is out of balance:
1. You have hoarding or overeating tendancies.
2. You never feel like you have enough food, money, sex or material possessions often feeling worried about things such as money and work.
3. You often feel restless, you may find it hard to stick to things such as the same job for very long drifting from one thing to another.
4. You often experience feelings of insecurity, anxiety and feeling frightened.
5. You find it hard to let go and trust.
6. You can often find yourself being quite negative and critical either towards yourself or others.
7. You suffer from pain/discomfort in the legs, knees, spine or sciatica. You may have varicose veins.
8. You may have experienced depression or suffer from low moods.
9. Issues concerning bowel problems, constipation frequent need to use the bathroom, impotence can be indicators of your root chakra being out of balance.
10. Problems moving forward in life and/or feeling stuck in a rut.
These are just some of the ways a base chakra imbalance can show itself - the good news is there are so many ways to balance this chakra, throughout April I will be posting daily on my Natural Touch Facebook Page different ways that you can help to balance your base chakra. A balanced base chakra will leave you feeling safe, comfortable, abundant and secure, feeling able to live in the present with passion while moving forward in life.